How to Get the Most Money for Your Home!
Updated: Oct 14, 2018
Sellers want to know how to get the most money for their homes. Here's a short list of proven suggestions that will translate into higher home prices.
1. Roofs, floor structure and air conditioners are the three big items that concern most buyers. If any of these items are in need of repair or replacement and the seller can't afford to do it, then price the home accordingly.
2. Buyers want updated kitchens, bathrooms and flooring. Wood laminate or tile are the preferred flooring; few buyers want carpet. If sellers don't have the time or money to update, then make sure the home is clean and price the home understanding that it needs to be updated.
3. Clean the home thoroughly. Overlooked areas include cleaning finger or handprints around door handles, wiping down appliances inside and out especially inside ovens and microwaves, wiping down kitchen cabinets, and sweeping floors and cleaning windows. If sellers are physically unable to clean, are out of town or just don't have the time to spiff up their homes, then they should hire a professional cleaning service. A clean home makes a better impression and translates
into more dollars for the home.
4. Repaint walls to neutral colors. if a seller doesn't have time to repaint, then touch up areas where the most wear and tear can be seen. A good example of this is painting the front door.
5. Tighten loose hand rails and door handles and fix sliding glass door tracks that are difficult to open and close.
6. Sellers should ask their real estate agent for an honest evaluation of their homes-sellers may not like what they hear but the discussion should result in a fair list price. When homes are priced correctly, they typically sell more quickly.